At Storable, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing, conceptual and research skills to help us elevate our brand as a full-time, in-house copywriter.
As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, video, blogs, event/tradeshow and social media), working closely with the rest of the creative team to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, develop messaging and proofread to ensure error free work. Thorough research and interviews will be required as part of onboarding to understand our industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style that can span from whitty ad copy and headlines, to sales collateral, to long form editorial communications. As well as serve as the owner of 2 distinct brand voices - 1) For the external, B2B audience of current clients, new client prospects and the larger industry 2) For the internal, employee and prospective new employee audience.
Objectives of this Role:
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment, with multiple projects and sometimes requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the project and internal VS external target audience at hand
- Define and shepherd the brand voice
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends, and develop communication strategies, content calendars and messaging matrix
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and industry news
- Maintain consistency in messaging
- Interpret creative asks and help develop briefs and be instrumental in producing content from concepts through execution
- Understand the internal stakeholder needs and the target audience tiggers through research, reviews of existing materials, interviews with subject matter experts, and industry learnings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials for projects big and small
- Collaborate with the internal creative team and broader marketing team from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to appropriate internal stakeholders (including executive team members)
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Serve as the liaison to industry publications and news sources
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to write a variety of types of content in both short and long form
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat and their GSuite counterparts
- Experience working with website content management systems, WordPress, etc. to maintain copy on websites and blogs
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short and long term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Unlimited snacks, Our break areas stocked to the brim with cereal, snacks, La Croix, soda, Red Bull, coffee, and more to keep you going throughout the day.
- We're dog friendly! Bring your pooch to work at any of our offices.
- Enjoy weekly catered lunches and chef-made meals at the office.
- Take a break and play foosball, Nintendo 64, ping pong, shuffleboard, pinball, or darts in our spacious cafeterias and break rooms.
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.