Storable is looking for a passionate Digital Product Designer to ensure our SaaS technologies are clear, research-driven, and user-centered. While your primary ownership will be the technology built in our Raleigh office, our Product Design team as a whole is responsible for the design and experience of all technology built across our Raleigh, Austin, and Kansas City locations.
What you’ll do everyday:
- Collaborate with product managers, product owners, engineers, and product marketers to turn client and company visions into simple, effective digital products
- Participate in all steps of our iterative product design process from initial definition, to research/analysis, ideation, design, validation, and launch
- Create sketches, storyboards, journey maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes to translate complex asks into sophisticated UI and UX solutions
- Serve as an advocate for our users by actively seeking to understand user personas, needs, pain points, mindsets, and behaviors that impact their day
- Validate finished and unfinished ideas by researching and completing user testing within our client-base, the market, focus groups, competition, and online analytics tools
- Collaborate and iterate with product and engineering to ensure your finished, high-fidelity mockups translate to the final built product
- Manage work on multiple simultaneous projects
Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
What you need to bring to the table:
- 5+ years in a digital product designer role
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design chops and past user-centered solutions (required for consideration)
- Ability to clearly articulate your design decisions, what problems they’re solving, and the various happy and unhappy user paths and interactions
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attentive listener who is perceptive, observant, and prone to read between the lines
- Desire to work well within a team, taking and giving criticism in order to achieve growth
- Comfortable using tools like InVision, Sketch, the Adobe Suite, and Full Story
- Ability to become proficient in the products you are responsible for to understand both how they function and how they are used
Why this is a career-defining opportunity:
- We’re actively pushing the limits to bring what previously were individual, award-winning products into one comprehensive solution that services 25,000+ clients across the globe.
- We tangibly see the impact we have on lives — every day — in a unique niche that we love.
- We have the benefits of an established company with start-up like opportunities to grow, change and invent.
- Most importantly, our team cares about collaborating well, building solutions that matter, and genuinely liking the work we do.
Who we are:
Storable is a technology company that powers a suite of SaaS products for self storage businesses across the country. Our one-stop-shop offers all the technology a storage operator needs: CRM management software, websites that hook new customers, a marketplace to capture online shoppers, insurance that protects tenant belongings, and more! The industry know us well as SiteLink, storEDGE and SpareFoot, but check out our recently launched brand to see where we're headed: storable.com.
Learn more about the family of Storable products at: storable.com, sitelink.com, storEDGE.com, and sparefoot.com.
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short and long term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Unlimited snacks, Our break areas stocked to the brim with cereal, snacks, La Croix, soda, Red Bull, coffee, and more to keep you going throughout the day.
- We're dog friendly! Bring your pooch to work at any of our offices.
- Enjoy weekly catered lunches and chef-made meals at the office.
- Take a break and play foosball, Nintendo 64, ping pong, shuffleboard, pinball, or darts in our spacious cafeterias and break rooms.
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.