Are you interested in joining a rapidly growing sales organization that provides technology solutions to the world’s fastest growing sector of commercial real estate? Do you want to become part of a small and dynamic group that is uniquely positioned to dominate a $38 billion dollar industry with best-in-class software and services?
We are seeking a business development specialist to help with further growing our customer base. You will be calling storage facility operators to identify what problems they’re facing in their day-to-day operations, and then passing these conversations off to senior sales reps who will demonstrate how our technologies can help solve those problems.
Candidates for this role will be expected to confidently identify and face a variety of new challenges daily. You’ll need the ability to shift seamlessly between identifying where we can deliver additional value to our existing customer base and qualifying potential net-new deals .
Storage is a unique and highly lucrative industry and this is your chance to join a team with unparalleled potential to become the dominant technology provider. The best candidates for the job will not only prioritize the immediate needs of both our storage customers and various providers, but will actively question and work to improve all of our processes moving forward.
What you will do everyday:
- Regularly interact with storage facility operators, using Salesforce for team tracking and working purposes. Some of these metrics include (but are not limited to) phone calls, leads, and pipeline management
- Constantly test new and innovative approaches to sales and lead generation. These may include attending industry trade shows, traveling to clients’ offices outside of Austin, working from lists of new facilities currently under construction, and more. You have to be open to testing new strategies and then executing and operationalizing the ones that are successful.
- Demonstrate the ability to qualify leads that consistently close in a growing market.
- Demonstrate the ability maintain a fun and congenial work environment with your team.
- Design, refine, and document various value propositions from scratch to determine how to best route different customers to multiple products.
- More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- 40+ outbound calls a day.
- Pipeline management and follow-ups with potential clients.
- Hitting quarterly revenue/account quotas.
- Taking detailed notes on all customer interactions
What you need to bring to the table:
- 1+ years in consumer phone sales or support, ideally in a fast-growing startup environment. (Or comparable work experience.)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or comparable CRM), Zendesk (or similar tool), Google Apps, and Microsoft Office
- A hunger not just to get results right the first time, but also to improve them for the future
- Exceptional communication skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Time-management skills and motivation to constantly push yourself to do better in an unstructured environment. You’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, trust yourself to make the right call in the moment, and can calmly develop best practices as you go
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills, with the ability and foresight to consolidate and simplify your daily tasks in order to scale systems and processes across larger teams
- Experience with the self storage industry
- Familiarity with the Sandler sales system
- Basic Spanish speaking capabilities
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short and long term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Unlimited snacks, Our break areas stocked to the brim with cereal, snacks, La Croix, soda, Red Bull, coffee, and more to keep you going throughout the day.
- We're dog friendly! Bring your pooch to work at any of our offices.
- Enjoy weekly catered lunches and chef-made meals at the office.
- Take a break and play foosball, Nintendo 64, ping pong, shuffleboard, pinball, or darts in our spacious cafeterias and break rooms.
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.