Storable is seeking a Software Support Specialist to join our collaborative and committed Support team that breathes self-storage (We promise, it's exciting!).
As a Software Support Specialist, you will be entrusted with crafting and delivering a warm, enthusiastic, and customized support experience for our wonderful customers around our family of products. Every problem you take on and any product knowledge you impart will help our clients, especially small businesses, continue to flourish and navigate what can be a confusing and ever evolving technology landscape.
You are the missing puzzle piece to help us bridge any knowledge gaps that may arise. Through creativity and empathy yet critical thinking skills, you will analyze, investigate, and resolve complex issues. While you may encounter problems that can be resolved through a number of our existing resources, you may also have to troubleshoot an issue that we have not yet had the chance to tackle.
What you'll do:
- Register incidents received by web, chat, e-mail and phone in the CRM system
- Classify incidents based on severity and priority
- Utilize existing Knowledge Base, manuals or other reference materials to resolve incidents
- Investigate and resolve incidents with no known solution
- Collaborate with other team members to assist them with resolution of incidents
- Contribute and update our Knowledge Base and Communities
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Accept and retain ownership of requests, provide regular updates to support and /or customers on the status of each request and manage aging of assigned requests
- Ensure service level standards are achieved (as defined by the Technical Support management team)
- Handle interruptions well and move between tasks with ease while still meeting deadline
- Collaborate with Senior or Principle Support Engineers on complex cases when appropriate
- Replicate and log reported bugs in bug tracking system
- Escalate cases to Escalation or R&D Engineers when required
- Possess an intermediate understanding of the organization's products assigned, staying current with system information, changes and updates, and escalate more complex inquiries
- Work with more knowledgeable resources to ensure any case needing escalation has appropriate documentation and detail to effectively transition the case without inconvenience to the customer.
- Work shift rotation to cover evenings, public holidays and weekends
- Attend virtual and classroom based training classes
- Complete certifications for company products
- Complete training for complementary 3rd party products
- Use appropriate discretion in handling critical client calls and escalating calls to management
- Perform each duty above with our customers' satisfaction as your number one priority.
- Assist in training new Technical Support team members
- Contribute new content to the Support Knowledge base
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Applications, Computer Science, or a related field is desired
- Computer/IT Certification a plus (or equivalent years of work experience)
- At least 2 years of product support experience, preferably in a support analyst or technical support position preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances
- Excellent phone skills, which includes actively listening and developing effective questioning techniques to resolve issues
- Excellent knowledge of customer service principles and practices with previous customer service experience
- Proven ability to resolve escalated technical issues by quickly identifying problems, forming solutions, including customized solutions that are outside of the generally accepted use of a product function, and executing step-by-step troubleshooting procedures
- Excellent understanding of the general aspects of the job, including thorough knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
- A positive, professional, solution-oriented, enthusiastic and team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to handle interruptions well and move between tasks with ease while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to follow department processes and procedures
- Experience utilizing CRM systems
Following skills and experience that are a bonus:
- Intermediate understanding of major RDBMS with emphasis on Oracle, MS SQL
- Intermediate desktop OS knowledge (PC and Server) including understanding environment variables and writing and troubleshooting batch files
- Intermediate network communication, network security, network administration and wireless networking knowledge
- Intermediate virtualization knowledge with the ability to configure and troubleshoot virtual environments
- Intermediate knowledge of IIS and web services
- Intermediate experience supporting mobile apps
- Proficiency supporting multiple versions of Windows
- Proficiency supporting several major web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short and long term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Unlimited snacks, Our break areas stocked to the brim with cereal, snacks, La Croix, soda, Red Bull, coffee, and more to keep you going throughout the day.
- We're dog friendly! Bring your pooch to work at any of our offices.
- Enjoy weekly catered lunches and chef-made meals at the office.
- Take a break and play foosball, Nintendo 64, ping pong, shuffleboard, pinball, or darts in our spacious cafeterias and break rooms.
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.